Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
ACCO Brands, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $1.8 billion, is seeking a Design Engineer Intern who will work with cross category teams in the development and transition of technical concepts into functional products.
- Generation and maintenance of drawings and project documentation.
- Supporting cross-functional teams in development of new products and extensions to existing product lines.
- To have a thorough understanding of Acco products, including cost implications of manufacture and materials choices.
- Working with European development center to test and review new products and changes to existing lines.
- Suggesting improvements to new and existing products to improve profitability and reliability.
- Completing tear downs of returned products to provide failure reporting and root cause analysis.
- Working to tight project timelines with domestic and international suppliers.
- Working closely with quality and supply engineers as well as marketing teams both in the UK and USA.
- Providing general engineering and design support for a wide range of activities.
- Recently graduate, or studying for, Bachelor degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical), product or industrial design or Computer Science.
- Excellent problem solving capability and communications skills (verbal and written).
- Creative mindset with attention to product and material design.
- Experience using 3D software modeling is required (Solidworks preferred).
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project is required.
- Driver's license, travel between office and European development centre will be required (both sites are located in same town).
- Organizational skills; including ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience in generating innovative concept solutions is a plus.
- Understanding of product and packaging testing requirements would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated experience of prototype testing and reporting results is preferred.
- Electro-mechanical product design experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of fabrication methods, user interfaces, embedded systems, and/or human factors is a plus.
- Ability to use machining and prototyping equipment would be beneficial.
- Local candidates please.
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of employees, customers, consumers, and vendors.