ACCO Brands, Inc., a leader in developing innovative business solutions and consumer office products, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their Integrated OEM Solutions Group working in tandem with ACCO’s print engine partners such as Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, and Konica Minolta. This highly visible and critical design role on our team will provide a diverse opportunity of product design, lab work, project management and the ability to work with high profile customers and their engineers internationally. The products worked on are high-end technically advanced products that attach to copiers. Our team develops and manages the design and manufacturing for inline document finishing solutions, and offers exposure to top notch engineers globally. This growth oriented position will provide an opportunity to work in an engineering-centric department that provides ACCO Brands, Inc. strong growth and profitability. This position reports in to the Director of Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the execution and coordinates the implementation of a concept through all phases of development; proof of principle, alpha, beta, field-testing and production until the manufacturing and performance of the product meets expectations.
- Works with and identifies new suppliers and other sources to solve specific technical requirements associated with a project.
- Comfortable managing across broad range of external and internal resources to achieve project goals.
- Utilizes strong creative and conceptual thinking skills to solve technical problems and achieve gains in product performance, cost, and reliability.
- Uses CAD software to create, analyze, and document designs.
- Works closely with factory engineering team, including offshore manufacturing partners to bring new products to commercialization. Travels as required to offshore manufacturing locations.
- Responsible for managing electronic engineering documentation and ensures it’s maintained at high quality level.
- Plans and directs the fabrication, assembly, and reliability testing of the concept being prototyped.
- Prepares clear and concise documentation for presentation of data, test results, program status and financial reports.