ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion, is seeking an experienced Cost Accountant for our Sidney, NY location. This position will be responsible for providing financial and cost analysis for local site management, while supporting our corporate headquarters' team in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate quarterly & annual standard development inputs from multiple input groups (Sourcing, Manufacturing and Transportation).
- Ensure standard costs are updated timely for SAP sites following established company policies.
- Develop and update any daily cost adjustments.
- Analyze purchase price variance for both US SAP Sites.
- Analyze, communicate & complete needed journal entries for manufacturing scrap variance.
- Cost liaison with Engineering, Marketing, Operations, and Purchasing to develop and provide timely product cost estimates & ad hoc analysis for new product development at Sidney site.
- Evaluate and communicate the full business impact of implementing Engineering change notices (ECN’s) for the Sidney site.
- Provide support to the US Marketing team by analyzing the monthly spending & completing necessary journal entries.
- Input and manage intercompany pricing and information records in SAP.
- Responsible for reviewing and correcting daily sales errors and any intercompany pricing issues.
- Actively participate in sourcing decision making and support any make vs. buy analysis by providing timely and accurate data.
- Responsible for forecast, budgeting and analysis of all components of Purchased inventory for both US SAP plants.
- Support the raw material teams lean initiatives by providing the information to support expected cost savings and tracking improvements in a way that would substantiate management decisions.