ACCO Brands, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $1.7 billion, is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join its team at the manufacturing and distribution campus located in Booneville, Mississippi. The ideal candidate will excel in cross functional teamwork and will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance in regards to engineering and continuous improvement activities on the manufacturing shop floor.
- Works daily with manufacturing personnel to develop and document standard work methods in support of the efficient utilization of space, equipment, material, and product flow.
- Evaluates all manufacturing processes with the goal of continuously improving process capability, equipment availability, capacity, and overall plant productivity.
- Works closely with the quality assurance department to plan for, develop, and implement part and process validation studies across the entire product line.
- Creates and modifies bills of materials and labor routings as necessary to ensure the accurate development of standard cost / current cost data.
- Analyzes and recommends design for manufacturing approaches necessary to meet production requirements for new and improved products and processes.
- Implements Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma processes in support of inventory reduction, process reliability, and manufacturing cycle time improvement.
- Proactively participates with suppliers on the determination of required product specifications and evaluates in-coming material according to agreed upon standards.
- Applies project management skills in the justification, procurement, and installation of capital equipment.
- Approximates production time, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide accurate/timely estimates for management decisions.
- Applies statistical methods to evaluate manufacturing capabilities and future potential.
- Identifies and corrects safety and ergonomic concerns to insure a productive and safe work environment.
Canidates that are open to relocation are encouraged to apply.