If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, a Kensington® computer mouse or a simple box of ACCO paper clips, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office and consumer products and print finishing solutions. We have great brands that people in a 100 countries all over the world use to stay organized, such as:
AT-A-GLANCE® Day-Timer® Five Star® GBC® Kensington® Mead® Quartet® Swingline® Wilson Jones® & others
We need great talent at ACCO Brands, and value different talents, aspirations and views to create a highly motivated, action-oriented atmosphere. Our winning team shares the ACCO Brands Vision of being a company that Achieves, Creates, Collaborates, and Organizes. We have a dynamic and healthy culture that is shaped by leaders and lived by employees at all levels.
ACCO Brands is seeking an Associate Channel Marketing Manager to contribute in executing channel strategies for our Office Products categories in the Office Superstore/Commercial Channel business in our corporate headquarters in Lake Zurich, IL.
This person will work to develop and implement ACCO marketing strategies under industry leading brands -- SwingLine®, Quartet®, GBC®, and Mead®. Channel Marketing is one of the three core marketing functions (the others being Product Marketing and Brand Management) that via an “outside in” discipline ensure that the business is in complete alignment with the needs of the marketplace. Given the nature of this functional area, there is considerable linkage between the Sales team and the Product and Brand groups as well as key channel customer interaction.
- Partners with the Channel Manager to develop strategies for the Office Superstore/Commercial channel for key ACCO Office product categories. Align “Go-To-Market” strategies for both existing and new products with Sales and Product/Brand marketing partners.
- Drive all Go-to-market stages from creation to development of tactical plans and the execution of plans through our customers with focus on product presentations, mix, merchandising, pricing, and promotional activity.
- Lead team in the organization and participate in the delivery of customer presentations of new products, merchandising concepts and demand creation plans working in tangent with sales team. Also coordinates presentation materials, samples and concept boards necessary for specific account meetings.
- Collaborate with Product team on customer mix recommendations to drive optimal sales and profitability. Assist in the development of the channel strategy for new product introductions and exits of key product lines.
- Provide informed recommendations through close review of data working with Category Management team on key analytics such as: Sales Dollars, item POS, Year over Year performance, and GM%
- Partners with Channel Manager to coordinate customer bids and P&L development, garners require approvals
- Determine promotions and set calendar of promotional events by product and across customers. Assist in defining and determining promotional budgets for the channel with Channel Manager and sales team.
- Work with Product and Brand Managers to provide input regarding channel advertising, promotional, and selling materials
- Work closely with product marketing and sales teams to communicate general competitive and product-specific activity within the channel and make the appropriate recommendations regarding:
- Product Needs
- Product Positioning
- Merchandising/ Displays / Promotional needs
- Deliver key inputs and direction to Sales Manager for the following processes:
- Purchase planning
- Line reviews
- Program negotiations
- Promotion and Plano gram Planning
- Supply chain driven process supporting:
- Lead times for promotional events
- ACCO planner for both sourced, and manufactured goods
- Work with Customer Supply Chain Manager on promotional planning