ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world’s largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion, is seeking a PMO Director. ACCO Brands Corporation markets products in over 100 countries across the globe through our own sales force and distribution networks. A global office products powerhouse, our leading brands help people work better in every workspace, everywhere. After more than 100 years of leadership in the office products industry, we look forward to continuing our tradition by hiring talented individuals guided by a spirit of innovation.
The Director, Program/Project Management is responsible for the successful design, planning, and implementation of large scale Technology/Operational Projects/Portfolios for all ACCO trading partners. Responsible for executing the PMO Office Methodology on all assigned projects, and instructs other PMO personnel and project managers in this Methodology. Manages process that oversees the team, project managers and external vendors on assigned projects. You will be responsible for the creation and management of the organizational processes and procedures, and enjoy a broad platform spanning all critical IT areas, metrics and protocols. You will work with a team of project managers and have an overall significant impact on the organization. Be prepared to hit the ground running and bring along your boundless energy, ability to achieve a buy-in through your “can-do” problem solving approach, and your top notch communication and presentation skills. As a Director of PMO you will have countless opportunities to stretch and challenge yourself, while making an impact on the organization.
Director PMO to lead project plan, holding contributor’s accountable for delivering the transformative initiatives enabling delivery of IT goals, end to end process improvement, productivity and Customer Satisfaction goals. The PMO is responsible for the management of the overall project plan, reporting, co-ordination and administration of all aspects of innovative and transformative programs. Hold key contributors and owners accountable for weekly deliverables, against the quarterly and annual targets. This position is responsible for ensuring that all of the Company’s major projects are planned, approved, and implemented. The PMO Director further ensures that the proper mix of technical support, procurement resources, guidelines, procedures, consultants, and software are available to support multi-discipline project teams for projects in the development, planning, or implementation stage. You will establish and embed an agile project management system that will track performance against budget and deliverables, improve coordination between cross-functional teams, and create organizational best practice for project management. You will assist the Leadership Team with the allocation of resources across projects and create innovative systems for tracking complex project objectives with long-term deliverables.
Strategy and Planning
- In partnership with the leadership team, define the organizational project program management strategy for the IT organization; contributes to organization goal setting and prioritization of IT business strategies.
- Define and lead the creation and adoption of business improvement and PMO processes or project, portfolio, program and governance management. Leverage industry recognized best practices, methodologies, and techniques to define and develop a set of customized processes for ACCO.
- Champions and influences the use of established processes, methodologies & tools. Monitors and supports implementation of change throughout the IT organization.
- Acts as an interface to the enterprise portfolio and project management standards team; providing specific requirements and priorities. Collaborates with partners in Finance, Application Development teams, Infrastructure, vendor partners, and Business for alignment and consistency across the organization.
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and partnership with a willingness to proactively coach, facilitate, share knowledge, and be the role model and advocate for a changing technology organization
- Rapidly assess processes and constraints to facilitate the development of a vision for optimal PMO business processes
- Define and maintain standards for the project management team using Project Management Institute (PMI) guidelines, Quality Standards and Company requirements to implement projects in a manner that introduces economies of repetition, and meets financial expectations established at project start.
- Establish and manage an ongoing governance structure for the projects of the program. Create global PMO standards and generate plan to remediate to that standard.
- Responsible for providing executive reporting & presentations that communicate the direction, significant milestones and results of the continuous improvement activities.
- Oversee the application of process improvement to the PMO processes of project, portfolio, and program and governance management. Work with the customers of the processes to standardize measure, control and continuously improve the processes leading to process predictability and sustainable competitive advantage.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to senior management on matters related to PMO and professional standards, and their impact on organizational objectives.
- Provide key stakeholders such as IT business unit management, senior management, Legal, internal / external team members with regular and timely updates on emerging areas of project risk.
- Manage the prioritization of projects proposed in order to establish staffing levels, training, tools, and software across all departments that will allow the project teams to achieve the objectives with respect to given projects.
- Partners with Leadership to prioritize and select projects based on business case strength, strategic alignment, project risk and organizational capacity.
- Manage allocation and proactive forecasting of project/program resources within portfolio.
- Leads continuous development of Project, Program and Transition/Transformation methodologies.
- Identify the business needs of key projects, and ensures that project managers meet those needs.
- Provide reporting & oversight, set standards, provide training and guidance for all projects/programs.
- Provide input to RFP reviews and responses.
- Serve as key participant in team and meetings, facilitate team meetings effectively; hold regular status meetings, keep team well informed of project and scope changes, deliver engaging, informative, well organized presentations and resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Work with Project Managers to ensures that all program/project activities are coordinated, supportive of project objectives, and progressing per schedule.
- Implement processes to track key project milestones, monitor progress and work with the project managers to insure success of key projects. Oversee internal status reporting process and required status reporting to external groups and ensures all requirements and standards are met.
- Support communication and transparency across the teams and up to Senior Leadership.
- Conducts program/project meetings to address project status, progress, and resource allocation when necessary.
- Participates in defining time tables and project plans; analyzes and estimates feasibility, risks, cost, time, and resources.
- Supervise priorities and status of program managers, project managers and project management associates.
- Act as a liaison to help fairly settle project-related contractual and customer satisfaction issues.