ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world’s largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion, is seeking a Manager, Compliance Program/Project Management and Administration. ACCO Brands Corporation markets products in over 100 countries across the globe through our own sales force and distribution networks. A global office products powerhouse, our leading brands help people work better in every workspace, everywhere. After more than 100 years of leadership in the office products industry, we look forward to continuing our tradition by hiring talented individuals guided by a spirit of innovation.
The Manager, Compliance Program/Project Management and Administration is responsible for the planning and implementation of assigned sustainability, product and vendor compliance programs and initiatives including oversight, management and continuous improvement of processes, protocols and procedures, customer programs, compliance data, metrics and reporting. The position is responsible for the overall coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with Compliance strategy, commitments and goals including management of the overall project plans, reporting, coordination and holding key contributors and stakeholders accountable for deliverables. This position will support the compliance team and assist in building a comprehensive and sustainable product and vendor compliance programs for current and future businesses and initiatives globally. This position is also responsible for managing content and ensure maintaining compliance SharePoint, intranet and external sites. Collaborate with business units and Asia Operations to manage and implement customer programs including data collection for customer surveys / questionnaires. As part of the Legal and Compliance team, this position will work closely with leadership, businesses, suppliers and other internal and external stakeholders
- In partnership with the leadership team, define the organizational program and project management strategy for sustainability, product and vendor compliance governance and oversight; and contribute to organizational goal setting and prioritization of compliance strategies.
- Define and lead the creation and adoption of business improvement and project processes for compliance projects and initiatives. Leverage industry recognized best practices, methodologies, and techniques to define and develop a set of customized processes for project management.
- Manage an ongoing governance and oversight structure and standards for compliance programs and initiatives.
- Responsible for on-going maintenance and management of established product and vendor compliance programs with the relevant business units.
- Support roll-out and implementation of compliance programs with new business units and operations.
- Acts as an interface with all business functions to lead, direct and manage projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Define and maintain standards for the project team using Project Management Institute (PMI) guidelines and Company requirements to implement projects in a manner that introduces and maintains consistency in application and meets or exceeds objectives and deliverables established by the organization.
- Serve as leader and facilitator for the team, facilitate team meetings effectively; hold regular status meetings, keep team well informed of project and scope changes, deliver engaging, informative, well organized presentations and resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- In coordination with Compliance subject-matter-experts, support implementation of product and vendor compliance programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance execution.
- In coordination with Sales, Marketing and Customer Account teams, support implementation of new customer programs for compliance-related activities including review/management of relevant documents, compliance briefs etc.
- Interface with all business functions including legal, sourcing, supply chain, new product development, marketing, suppliers and 3rd party service providers in order to lead, direct and manage product and vendor compliance programs.
- Responsible for the management of established customer programs for all compliance-related activities including coordinating execution with Operations and maintaining integrity of all customer program elements.
- Interface with relevant business functions in order to manage customer queries, surveys, questionnaire including data collection, management and reporting in a timely manner.
- In coordination with Global Products PMO, support PLM compliance data and document management and ensure SKU-level compliance files are maintained.
- In coordination with compliance team/staff, responsible for management of compliance infrastructure/tools including SharePoint, Filemaker Pro, Access databases and intranet sites.
- Oversee management of compliance-related content including forms, templates, Compliance Communicators, training materials etc.
- Support development of compliance metrics including information gathering, data analysis, and draft conclusions for management reporting that communicate the direction, significant milestones and results of compliance activities.
- In coordination with Project Manager, support prioritization of projects proposed in order to establish resource requirements, training, tools, and software that will allow compliance team to achieve its objectives and deliverables.
- Support continuous improvement of compliance programs, processes and methodologies.
- Manage compliance team/staff as needed.
- Handle ad-hoc analytics as requested.