If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, a Kensington® computer mouse or a simple box of ACCO paper clips, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office and consumer products and print finishing solutions. We have great brands that people in 100 countries all over the world use to stay organized, such as:
AT-A-GLANCE® Day-Timer® Five Star® GBC® Kensington® Mead® Quartet® Swingline® Wilson Jones® & others
We are seeking a Category Marketing Manager to join our team in San Mateo, CA with our Kensington Brand. The Category Marketing Manager is responsible for developing the global marketing strategy to drive market share growth and leadership in docking stations and desktop connectivity for the Kensington brand. The person in this role must have experience in the PC or PC accessory market and have a firm grasp of B2B marketing and the IT buyer. The Category Marketing Manager will work with global product management and region marketing and sales teams to understand the unique needs of each market and create strategies to support growth initiatives.
- Develop strategy and tactics to market and drive market share growth in docking stations and desktop connectivity in supported countries around the globe
- Understand region market differences, meet and collaborate with local sales and marketing to understand their unique situation and needs. Assist in communicating needs to rest of the global organization.
- Create meaningful content demonstrating Kensington’s leadership in the category and providing informative tools for IT buyers to leverage in the buyer’s journey (blogs, articles, sales tools, end user tools)
- Build multi-layered campaigns, working with digital marketing team and creative agencies, to support product launches and overall category awareness
- Identify and develop relationships with media and key influencers; create opportunities for article placement, product reviews and events
- Monitor competition with regard to marketing and go to market tactics. Identify opportunities to demonstrate leadership and raise Kensington’s share of voice with end users and in the channel.
- Research market, technology and workplace trends to inform messaging, campaign strategy and content.
- Conduct voice of customer surveys, meet with key customers and support global product management in developing strong roadmaps
- Support sales organization at key end user or channel events as needed