ACCO Brands, Home of GREAT Brands, Built by GREAT People, is one of the world’s largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $1.7 billion.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, a Kensington® computer mouse or a simple box of ACCO paper clips, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office and consumer products and print finishing solutions. We have great brands that people in 100 countries all over the world use to stay organized, such as:
AT-A-GLANCE® Day-Timer® Five Star® GBC® Kensington® Mead® Quartet® Swingline® Wilson Jones® & others.
We are currently seeking experienced Quality and Manufacturing Engineer Manager to join our team at our Booneville, MS manufacturing facility.
This position offers competitive pay. We also offer outstanding benefits, paid vacation, and an excellent working environment. The employee that joins our team is immediately eligible to sign up for our GREAT benefits package.
Ideal candidate will excel in cross-functional teamwork and will be responsible for providing technical leadership and support in regards to engineering, quality, and continuous improvement activities.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
• Lead and manage the overall activities of the Engineering (Manufacturing, Quality, New Product Development) Department and Maintenance Department.
• Ensure the development of efficient manufacturing processes and cost standards (routings and bills of material).
• Project management leadership through direct reports and other support departments.
• Identify, justify, and implement new industrial/capital equipment to improve production efficiency, quality, and operational safety.
• Work closely with Marketing and Sales in new product development activities including brainstorming, quoting, design reviews and product launch schedule adherence.
• Ensure manufacturing process optimization, capacity utilization, and waste reduction.
• Analyze manufacturing processes and materials for continuous improvement opportunities in quality, cost, and throughput.
• Responsible for the continual over-site of all quality assurance activities (monitoring, tracking, auditing, and reporting) to ensure the consistent production and shipment of products that meet required customer and industry standards.
• Provides leadership in problem solving, corrective actions, customer complaints, and local quality lab test methodology.
• Manage the design, development and evaluation of new products, as well as, DFM improvements on existing product lines.
• Constantly evaluate competitive landscape to evaluate additional products to manufacture, in-source, or expand operational scope with the goal of maximizing total facility utilization.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or closely associated technical field required.
• 7+ years experience in an engineering leadership role within a manufacturing/distribution center environment.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership and change management skills required.
• Excellent project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Strategic thinker with proven problem solving skills and analytical ability.
• Proficiency using MS office applications (including MS Project).
• Demonstrated success in the application of Lean/Six Sigma principles. Certification preferred.
• Highly self-motivated and directed with a strong continuous improvement mindset.
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory environment. Personal safety equipment could include safety glasses, hearing protection, and possibly safety shoes. Building is temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine parts.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, authority, skills or efforts associated with this job.
ACCO Brands markets products in over 100 countries across the globe through our own sales force and distribution networks.
As one of the world’s largest suppliers of school supplies and office products we pride ourselves in reaching the world on a daily basis with our products. Companies, students, teachers, parents and business professionals alike in more than 100 countries use our products each day. Here at ACCO Brands, we’re proud of our more than 100 years of industry leadership and innovation, and we’re focused on delivering exceptional value for our shareholders and customers by providing unique, leading-edge, branded office products. We look forward to continuing our tradition by hiring talented individuals guided by a spirit of innovation.
Our industry-leading brands and products include AT-A-GLANCE® and Day-Timer®, Five Star®, GBC®, Hilroy®, Kensington®, Marbig, Mead®, Quartet®, Rexel, Swingline®, Tilibra®, Wilson Jones and many others.