ACCO Brands, one of the world’s largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $1.8 billion, is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking HR Generalist for our Kettering, OH office.
This position, along with other members of the HR Team, is responsible for delivering day to day HR services. This position also works closely with the Senior HR Manager on strategic HR initiatives to optimize people, structure, process and culture, with the goal of achieving best business results.
- Administers Human Resources policies and programs to support best business practices.
- Acts as point of contact for employee questions or issues concerning HR policies, programs and benefits.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Assists with performance measurement and feedback systems that improve the contribution of individuals and teams with respect to business performance.
- Administer collection and retention of appropriate records, forms, documentation, and other record keeping information relating to employees and employment issues such as personal employment data, legal defense data, workers compensation, OSHA mandated records, etc.
- Provides analytical support by delivering accurate and timely data and analysis on a variety of projects, reports and metrics.
- Works with staffing department to attract and hire top candidates to fill current openings as quickly as possible. Acts as primary recruiter for Kettering Internship program.
- Coordinates Marketing Internship program in collaboration with managers and broader HR team
- Manage pre-employment activities and conduct orientation of new employees.
- Coordinate temporary staffing needs of the company.
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports as required.
- Plan local community public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for the employer, including onsite tours and visits and external job fairs.
- Work with Site Leader, Communications team and other teams as necessary to manage site communications
- Manage Leave Administration for site, including communication with 3rd party administrator, ACCO payroll and Managers and employees.
- Manages activities as the Site Safety Representative. Annual tasks include certifications as needed, building communication and awareness, prepare Emergency Response Plans and annual Safety reporting.
- Manage any Workers Compensation claims for the site
- Support strong recognition culture through management of service award program, Accolades Program and other planned events
- Facilitates site communication on HR related matters
- Manages Benefit programs for site including Vitality Programs, Biometrics screenings, Flu Shots
- Maintains up to date Organizational Charts