If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, a Kensington® computer mouse or a simple box of ACCO paper clips, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office and consumer products and print finishing solutions. We have great brands that people in 100 countries all over the world use to stay organized, such as:
AT-A-GLANCE® Day-Timer® Five Star® GBC® Kensington® Mead® Quartet® Swingline® Wilson Jones® & others
We are seeking a Sales Engineer to join our team in San Mateo, CA to work with the Kensington Brand. We are looking for a high energy sales professional who thrives on architecting solutions to help our sales team solve customer problems all over the country. This product evangelist will help develop selling tools and content that improves the readiness of the sales force to communicate our value proposition throughout the sales cycle. You will also become a trusted adviser and the voice of our prospects and partners to sales and marketing teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Pre-sales support delivering consultative product expertise to the sales team, sales prospects, and channel partners
- Work with the sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve blocks to purchasing
- Work with the product & marketing teams to build powerful product demonstrations that can be leveraged across pre-sales and marketing events
- Provide pre-sales support by participating in online demonstrations, conference calls, sales training, and site visits with our Sales, Marketing, and Channel Teams
- Work with Marketing to create high-impact sales enablement tools for use with prospects and partners, including collateral, demos, whitepapers, sales scripts and sales training materials
- Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of Kensington products, competitive product differences and customer implementations
- Must identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed to increase level of competency with our docks and security products.
- Coordinate strategy with internal and external sales teams, building a plan to enable them
- Provide prospect and market input to Product Management, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing groups within Kensington
- Aid in responding to proposals and RFP’s to ensure that all product information and recommendations address clients requirements
- Visit 5 end users per quarter
- Train/visit 5 channel partners/distributors per quarter
- Conduct bi-weekly training/enablement webinars.
- Represent Kensington at User's Group meetings and industry conferences and develop a partner advisory council.
- Desire to travel up to 50%