ACCO Brands, Home of GREAT Brands built by GREAT People, is one of the world’s largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $1.7 billion.
We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our Maintenance Team on 1st or 2nd Shift in our Bindery and Board Mfg areas in Booneville, MS.
This position offers a competitve hourly rate plus a shift differential. We also offer outstanding benefits, paid vacation, and an excellent working environment. The employee that joins our team is immediately eligible to sign up for our GREAT benefits package.
The chosen candidate will diagnose trouble, plan, and perform all operations necessary to modify, dismantle, repair overhaul, and rebuild all types of very difficult and complicated machine tools, plant machinery, and equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Installs, removes, repairs, overhauls, and tests electrical equipment, both alternating and direct current.
- Performs installation, removal and repair of a wide range of electrical equipment such as power circuits, lighting systems, switch gear, transformers, starters, controllers, capacitors, production equipment, power and control equipment. Performs mechanical work and electrical work on equipment.
- Works to meet current electrical codes and company policy and practices.
- Selects proper wire size, conduit sizes, breakers and fuse sizes for equipment and projects.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnoses, maintaining, and corrects/repairs pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical equipment in an industrial setting.
- Ability to perform preventative and corrective maintenance in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, hydraulic, pneumatic and piping diagrams.
- Ability to research parts, drawings, diagrams and schematics.
- Able to work alone and in a team environment.
- Machine rebuild, welding, cutting, and fitting experience
- Machine leveling, alignment, and installation
- Experience using calipers, indicators, micrometers, multi-meter
- Ability to use shop equipment: such as sanders, drill press, mills, lathe, crane, and forklift
- Knowledgeable on air compressors and balancing compressed air systems
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area.
- Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action to fix equipment as needed.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.