ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world’s largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion, is seeking a Manager, Global Master Data Management. ACCO Brands Corporation markets products in over 100 countries across the globe through our own sales force and distribution networks. A global office products powerhouse, our leading brands help people work better in every workspace, everywhere. After more than 100 years of leadership in the office products industry, we look forward to continuing our tradition by hiring talented individuals guided by a spirit of innovation.
The MDM manager is responsible for developing and demonstrating that they understand how information is turned into knowledge and how this knowledge supports and enables key business processes. Establishing and maintaining the data governance standards across the enterprise, and executing and directing master data audits to ensure data integrity. They will work with leadership team in reporting data quality and standards. This position will work with associates from various departments who are responsible for creating and managing master data and collaborate with them in managing the governance processes. Standards include actual data structures, service level agreements (timing) for completing creation and updates, as well as audit parameters, and archive policies. . Also required are analytical skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, as well as an innate curiosity around wanting to understand business processes, business strategy and strategic business initiatives.
This position is responsible for establishing global standards and procedures around master data within our systems including but not limited to SAP and legacy environments to support using master data as a strategic advantage to enable application integration and leverage data as an asset. Establishing global standards includes evaluating current master data processes, establishing a global standard for master data management, defining and implementing governance rules and tools, and leading data harmonization, rationalization and consolidation efforts. This role is responsible for defining and successfully delivering master data cross-functional projects, while helping to manage stakeholder expectations.
This position includes the stewardship of enhancements and interfaces related to:
Customer, Material & Vendor Master
Purchase Info Record
- Leads global master data strategy development and deployment for a portfolio of SAP and legacy ERP systems at ACCO Brands.
- Develops the vision for Master Data Management for the company with a focus on how to utilize data to achieve exceptional growth through data standardization and information management. Define and communicate a sustainable master data governance strategy across the enterprise.
- Owns responsibility for managing and overseeing the operation of the master data management program, including setting strategic priorities, setting milestones, reviewing progress, and reporting status. Develop Enterprise Data Dictionary for data objects within area of responsibility. Defines, documents, and maintains all data definitions, data sources, business meaning and usage of information.
- Develops and delivers leadership-level master data dashboards highlighting master data “health”.
- Update and develop policies and procedures in alignment with enterprise information management policies to drive operational efficiencies and standardization for data management. Maintains the process models for the material, customer and vendor master processes.
- Maintain working relationships with all levels of business leadership to ensure business needs are met. Maintains and develops strong working relationships with business owners as a process advocate. Maintain alignment with global business process strategies through interaction with functional and regional business process owners. Leverages master data as needed by business processes.
- Maintain extensive knowledge and expertise in master data management disciplines.
- Oversees global master data risk mitigation. Drives the development of specific actions and recommendations to mitigate risk and resolve outstanding issues. Routinely audit data against established rule sets to ensure consistency and accuracy of information, and update data as necessary
- Supports the PMO in identifying and managing conflicts and interdependencies. Works on complex, major or highly visible tasks and projects as a project team member, sometimes as a project lead. Works on projects that may span a broad range of technologies. Manages project teams focused on improving master data harmonization and rationalization.
- Leverages understanding of business data domain and detailed knowledge of underlying data sources.
- Recognizes and resolves conflicts between models, ensuring that data models are consistent with the enterprise model (e.g. entity names, relationships and definitions).
- Ensures global master data is leveraged appropriately throughout data warehousing analytic systems. Works with Enterprise Data team to determine data sourcing options and recommend implementation approach. Supports activities to prepare existing metadata for mapping and loading into metadata repository.
- Leads the identification of areas affecting data integrity and coordinates corrective actions. Develops solutions and recommendations for improving data integrity issues.
- Oversees the design and implementation of data cleansing procedures. Develops and implements with stakeholders to requirements on merging, de-duping, cleansing rules. Ensures that data is clean, consistent, and synchronized across platforms.