ACCO Brands Corporation, one of the world’s largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion, is seeking a Director of Enterprise Data Management and BI Analytics.. ACCO Brands Corporation markets products in over 100 countries across the globe through our own sales force and distribution networks. A global office products powerhouse, our leading brands help people work better in every workspace, everywhere. After more than 100 years of leadership in the office products industry, we look forward to continuing our tradition by hiring talented individuals guided by a spirit of innovation. ACCO Brands Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Director of Enterprise Data Management and Global BI analytics will be a key thought leader driving all levels of strategy, vision and execution to deliver on the mission of a world-class data and analytics platform across ACCO Brands. This role will be responsible for establishing and leading an enterprise data management team. This will include a dedicated focus on the strategy, policies, quality, and ongoing governance processes for data, with an initial concentration specifically on master data. Additionally this role is responsible for applying numerous methodologies to lead the data architecture, data services, ETL, data warehouse, and data mart development teams in delivering best in class applications using database systems, tooling, enterprise integration and BI tools. In addition to applying and enforcing the use of relevant industry standards, the Director of Enterprise Data will be responsible for developing reference architectures, proprietary data models, managing data integrations with external parties, and managing the lifecycle of highly reusable and easily maintainable code and data services. Collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including business subject-matter-experts and solution & enterprise architects is required to successfully build processes that ingest system’s data and provide consistent, clean and accurate enterprise data across internal systems and for our external partners. We’re looking for someone who has been in a leadership role for at least five to seven years, along with someone who can provide technical and thought leadership around the enterprise data warehouse, data architecture and integration, and can guide the team in terms of exploring new and emerging data stores. Experience integrating disparate data sets and familiarity with CPG preferred.
- Provide vision and leadership in cross-region collaboration, meeting regularly with development leadership to address data, MDM, analytic and informational needs. Develop collaboratively across the global regions enterprise standards for data management and maintenance.
- Provide overall guidance and leadership in implementing information management and governance programs. Be primary spokesperson for the communication of information management and information governance strategies across the organization and to outside entities.
- Develop and drive data governance, quality and analytics initiatives are executed successfully to provide appropriate data, information & analysis to various business functions/departments. Provide, review and approve revisions to policies, procedures and all other applicable documentation.
- Establishing a close working relationship with business to understand their business and need for MDM, data, analytics and reporting. Establish a level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with executives and engage with leaders throughout the organization in a hands-on fashion to build quality, efficiency, effectiveness through global analytics and information management
- Support senior management in the implementation of a comprehensive global data and report base, providing reports for regions and global consumption. Assist in the development and implementation of campaign progress reports.
- Create and Implement data strategies, standards, procedures and accountability policies. Advocate decision-making and get ‘buy in’ while building partnerships across the organization by fostering collaboration. Skillfully guide and influence through change management and communicate directions clearly.
- In consultation with executive leadership, drive decisions on products and services and technical architectures that support data in the organization. Creates a culture of customer focus and high performance to drive innovation through continuous customer engagement to facilitate appropriate data technology and services.
- Leads a team of four to seven professional staff across multiple regions on the development of reporting, metrics, monitoring and communication of key measures of information governance, coding, and management including;
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Financials and people management activities including budget, technology planning and sourcing, vendor management, recruiting, performance management and compensation.
- Identification of areas for process improvements and/or value-added system functionality, evaluation of alternatives and presentation of options to senior management Provide leadership and ensure that effective and relevant training to various analytics and business team members across different functions
- Research and identify new methodologies to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of data management throughout the company. Evaluate and improve existing BI systems. Analyze metrics in order to identify effect-cause relationships between financial outcomes and business actions.
- Promote the use of new technology and industry leading trends as a creative thinker.