ACCO Brands, one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion, is seeking a Credit Manager for our Lake Zurich, IL headquarters.
The Credit Manager will manage the credit department and make decisions concerning credit limits, acceptable levels of risk and terms of payment to customers. In addition, this role will continually monitor and assess the current financial environment of our customers to reduce the company’s financial risk. The Credit Manager will report to the Credit/AR Shared Services Manager.
- Develop and standardize written policy documentation related to the credit and customer credit review process.
- Interface with sales organization to communicate credit decisions and ensure timely review of new customers.
- Responsible for making an informed approval / reject decision communicating such in a timely manner.
- Perform month-end GL activities and reporting to management.
- Review, update and report financial analysis of top customers and present findings to management for review and approval.
- Plan and organize activities of credit with the customer set up team to ensure file reviews are completed timely and accurately.
- Initiate process improvement and quality reviews to simplify and improve productivity.
- Negotiate documentation and payment terms with customers to ensure transactions are properly secured.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a training program for Credit Analysts and other support team members.
- Assist in internal quality control, audit review issues and responding to audit findings.
- Resolve any open credit issues with customers.
- Develop management reporting on credit-related projects with a focus on efficiencies.