ACCO Brands is one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly 2 billion is seeking a talented individual to join the Information Technology team as a Functional Lead-SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) at the Lake Zurich, IL headquarters.
This functional lead will be responsible for applying business and technical expertise to support, design and implement existing or new or revised business functionality into our SAP systems and related third party systems. This role will lead and support projects across multiple business functions specializing in SAP SD and also be accountable for change requests, and production support within the scope of the functional area of the job. The applicant should have ability to transform and to support advanced business functions and business requirements into design, build and implement systems / technical solutions for the specified functional area. This person will be the key resource to drive continuous improvement and Best Practices on SAP modules in support of the company vision and roadmap.
- Integrates SAP functional development and support capabilities within the North American support framework.
- Interacts with the non-information technology related business areas to identify requirements and requests help prioritize, scope, implement and support solutions.
- Sets expectations, manage expectations, challenge requirements and help establish priorities.
- Documents, analyzes and provides solutions based on business requests for additional features, functionality, integrations, etc.
- Investigates best practices, and participates in the selection & implementation of technology solutions.
- Designs, builds, implements and supports applications and activities related to the specified functional area, including configuring SAP and integrated third party applications.
- Plans and executes all activities of implementation and support of applications by understanding of project implementation / support methodologies and tools based on ACCO standards.
- Implements, executes and reviews appropriate testing & quality assurance activities.
- Provides functional and technical support for mission-critical applications for the specified functional areas.
- Develops and maintains user documentation for delivered solutions in order to facilitate ongoing production support activities and user training.
- Drives continuous process improvement with use of technology solutions by demonstrating value-add propositions and effective communication of IT value to the business.
- Interacts with management to assess needs, assign priorities, and learn new technologies and techniques as appropriate.