ACCO Brands, Home of GREAT Brands, built by GREAT People, is one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $1.7 billion.
We are seeking a Production Supervisor to lead the 2nd shift in the expanding Glass Board Manufacturing Plant of our Booneville, MS Campus. This position would receive instructions from the Production Manager and will direct the work of others to perform the assigned tasks or produce the schedule for the day.
We offer competitive pay, GREAT benefits and an excellent work environment. The employee that joins our team is immediately eligible to sign up for our GREAT benefits package.
The position duties are listed below:
• Provide daily hands on leadership of shift production team as well as leading lean manufacturing initiatives for business unit, by acting as an adviser/coach to associates resolving technical or operational problems.
• Develop control systems and metrics that accurately measure progress, identify potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken.
• Directs and coordinates all operations to produce product of high quality in accordance with customer shipping schedules, with reliability and at best cost. This position requires experience in assembly, fabrication, process manufacturing in a JIT environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for overall management of all shift operational activities including manufacturing, materials and inventory management, production control/schedule adherence, quality and safety in an efficient and cost-effective manner
• Recognizes and solves problems affecting production including schedules, staff, quality, yield, and order of production line. Provide direction and focus to hourly associates to resolve critical manufacturing issues affecting cost, quality or delivery objectives.
• Monitors material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved material timed to meet schedule requirements.
• Support environmental, safety and health initiatives.
• Establishes manufacturing quality standards, methods, policies and procedures. Oversee the documentation of manufacturing processes. Oversee the standardization of production by implementing Best Practices.
• Maintains manufacturing staff by coaching; counseling, and disciplining employees; planning; monitoring; appraising job results.
• Develops and administers metrics, budgets, schedules, and performance standards. Measures progress by established standards of performance. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Lead team in developing improved processes and lean manufacturing implementation. Assist with cost reduction issues/productivity improvements.
• Coordinate production requirements with Planning/Materials, Engineering, and Quality departments.
• The successful candidate will lead and develop self directed production teams as well as manage all aspects of safety, quality, cost and delivery.
• Bachelors Degree desired, High School or GED required.
• 5 years of production / manufacturing experience. A minimum of 3 years supervisory or management experience.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems; experience with identifying root cause and systematically solving problems
• Excellent communication, teamwork and presentation skills
• Proficient with MS Office Suite and Oracle desired.
• Experience with environmental, health & safety manufacturing compliance.
• Working knowledge of production processes, QA standards, mechanical assembly.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills ability to manage multiple demands and high stress while motivating others .
• Ability to work cooperatively within a productive self direct Team setting
ACCO Brands Corporation markets products in over 100 countries across the globe through our own sales force and distribution networks.
A global office products powerhouse, our leading brands help people work better in every workspace, everywhere. You know these indispensable products as Wilson Jones binders ... Swingline staplers and punches ... Day-Timer personal organizers ... Quartet white boards and easels... Kensington computer accessories... and more... Under the GBC banner, ACCO Brands is also a leader in serving professional printers, government and corporate markets, providing print finishing, laminating and commercial binding equipment.
After more than 100 years of leadership in the office products industry, we look forward to continuing our tradition by hiring talented individuals guided by a spirit of innovation.