ACCO Brands has the best recognized brands in the business. MeadWestvaco leads the North American and Brazilian stationery markets for school, home and business use - with products that help people organize, communicate, create and learn. Our customers, who range from office superstores to independent variety and stationery stores, have long relied on the success of our popular brands: AT-A-GLANCE®, DayRunner® and Columbian®. Our school stationery brands - Five Star®, Hilroy®, Mead® and Tilibra® - help students better organize their school work and focus on learning. Consumer & Office Products holds relationships with key licensors such as Thomas Kinkade, Disney, Nickelodeon, and Warner Bros.
This position has a direct and significant impact on the profitability of MeadWestvaco Consumer Products Group.
- Develops cost sheet based on feedback from Manufacturing Support and Product Engineering; identifies and evaluates manufacturing costs of both current and new products.
- Provides product cost information to marketing and sales.
- Assists in coordinating manufacturing feasibility tests with marketing, purchasing, plant and Manufacturing support.
- Provides support to Manufacturing Support/Finance by creating cost sheets used in cost analysis for make-versus-buy comparisons.
- Reviews purchased quotes for accuracy before completing cost estimates to submit to marketing and sales.
- Supports monthly data pulls for cost summary to distribute to division using Crystal Reports and Excel.
- Updates day-to-day tool used to monitor cost estimate requests and manufacturing feasibility tests for completeness and correctness.
- Coordinates translation of changes/details related to product specifications and reviews costs and information listed with specification database.
- Reviews costs quarterly to compare to SAP and develops report on accuracy and/or discrepancies in original estimate.
Works with purchasing, marketing and manufacturing support to review findings of cost comparisons.