Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands, the Home of GREAT Brands Made by GREAT People, is one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion, is seeking an Manufacturing Production Supervisor for 2nd Shift to join our team in our Board Manufacturing Plant in Booneville, MS.
This position pays a competitive salary. We also offer great benefits, paid vacation, and an excellent working environment. The employee that joins our team is immediately eligible to sign up for our GREAT benefits package.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
• Provide daily hands on leadership of shift production team as well as leading lean manufacturing initiatives for business unit, by acting as an advisor/coach to associates resolving technical or operational problems.
• Develop control systems and metrics that accurately measure progress, identify potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken.
• Directs and coordinates all operations to produce product of high quality in accordance with customer shipping schedules, with reliability and at best cost. This position requires experience in assembly, fabrication, process manufacturing in a JIT environment.
• Responsible for overall management of all shift operational activities including manufacturing, materials and inventory management, production control/schedule adherence, quality and safety in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Recognizes and solves problems affecting production including schedules, staff, quality, yield, and order of production line. Provide direction and focus to hourly associates to resolve critical manufacturing issues affecting cost, quality or delivery objectives.
• Monitors material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved material timed to meet schedule requirements.
• Support environmental, safety and health initiatives.
• Establishes manufacturing quality standards, methods, policies and procedures. Oversee the documentation of manufacturing processes. Oversee the standardization of production by implementing Best Practices.
• Maintains manufacturing staff by coaching; counseling, and disciplining employees; planning; monitoring; appraising job results.
• Develops and administers metrics, budgets, schedules, and performance standards. Measures progress by established standards of performance. Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Lead team in developing improved processes and lean manufacturing implementation. Assist with cost reduction issues/productivity improvements.
• Coordinate production requirements with Planning/Materials, Engineering, and Quality departments.
• The successful candidate will lead and develop self directed production teams as well as manage all aspects of safety, quality, cost and delivery.
• Bachelors Degree desired, High School or GED required.
• 3 years of production / manufacturing experience. A minimum of 1 years supervisory or management experience.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems; experience with identifying root cause and systematically solving problems.
• Excellent communication, teamwork and presentation skills.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite and Oracle desired.
• Experience with environmental, health & safety manufacturing compliance.
• Working knowledge of production processes, QA standards, mechanical assembly.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills ability to manage multiple demands and high stress while motivating others .
• Ability to work cooperatively within a productive self direct Team setting.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.